All accredited and institutional investors may trade on Hg Exchange, through any HGX Trading Member: PhilipCapital, PrimePartners and Fundnel.
The requirements to qualify, as determined by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, are as follows:
- Net personal assets exceeding S$2 million in value, or its equivalent in a foreign currency (the value of the individual's primary residence, net of any secured loan, can only contribute up to S$1 million of the S$2 million threshold),
- Net personal assets of more than S$1 million in value, or its equivalent in a foreign currency, of financial assets (such as fixed deposits or investment products) net of any related liabilities; or;
- Income in the preceding 12 months of no less than S$300,000 (Singapore Dollars Three Hundred Thousand), or its equivalent in a foreign currency.
You must hold net assets exceeding S$10 million in value (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) as determined by:
- The most recent audited balance-sheet of the corporation; or where the corporation is not required to prepare audited account regularly, a balance sheet of the corporation certified by the corporation as giving a true and fair view of state of affairs of the corporation as of the date of the balance sheet, of which the date shall be within the preceding 12 months; or
- A corporation, the sole business of which is to hold investments and the entire share capital of which is owned by one or more persons, each of whom is an accredited investor.